Our staff are great ambassadors for the Company and the WHSmith Trust is proud to provide grants to support the excellent voluntary efforts of WHSmith staff in the communities in which we operate. A great many members of staff are involved in their community on a personal basis and a large number of stores are involved collectively as a team while others may see this as an opportunity to really get behind a local cause.
- Grants will only be made to registered charities with which a WHSmith employee has direct involvement.
- The trustees will only consider one grant request per employee per year.
- The Trust will match employee fundraising up to £1000.
- Grants for larger sums will be subject to the trustees' discretion.
Unfortunately the Trust cannot provide support for everything. The following types of beneficiary fall outside our criteria for support:
- Party political organisations
- Religious organisations
- Military organisations
- Third-party fund raisers (e.g. Children in Need/Comic Relief)
- Disaster Funds
- Overseas charities or projects
- Expeditions or overseas travel
NB. Amendments to these criteria are at the discretion of the trustees.